- Bloomberg: Governments Turn Against Deep-Sea Mining as EV Boom Drives Demand for Metals
- MongaBay: Concerns over transparency and access abound at deep-sea mining negotiations
- Eco-Business: Scientists decry lack of transparency at deep-sea mining negotiations
- Grist: Clean energy requires rare metals. Should we mine the ocean floor to get them?
- New Scientist: How do you square a passion for the ocean with deep-sea mining?
- Science: Bus-size robot set to vacuum up valuable metals from the deep sea
- The Atlantic: No One Is Prepared for Hagfish Slime
- The Verge: The DolphinView headset lets you ‘see’ like your favorite sea creature
- Digital Trends: This DIY wearable lets you see the world like a dolphin does
- Motherboard: This DIY Headset Lets You Echolocate Like a Dolphin
- Popular Mechanics: This Guy Built a Headset To See Like a Dolphin
- NowThis: DolphinView Glasses Use Echolocation To Understand Marine Environments
- PBS News Hour: A massive plastic cleanup project provokes hope and skepticism
- Smithsonian: From 3-D Printed Gills to AI Dolphin Dictionaries, These Innovations Could Make Us More Like Aquaman
- PC Magazine: Citizen Science: Do Try This at Home
- Atlas Obscura: Will There Ever Be an Anglerfish Emoji?
- Live Science: Here's What Happens to a Styrofoam Cup Under the Deep Sea's Crushing Pressure
- The Pulse: Why do we need the wild?
- Earth Touch: Sex changes, sperm slaves & ballooning bodies: Spoon worms are really weird
- The Verge: Deep-sea mining could find rare elements for smartphones — but will it destroy rare species?
- The Independent: Deep sea: Potential threats to Earth's 'final frontier' are growing
Climate Change Communications
- The Conversation: Communicating climate change: Focus on the framing, not just the facts.
- Popular Science: Want people to notice your climate research? Learn how to write.
The Great Hagfish Sliming
- National Geographic: 'Slime Eels' Explode on Highway After Bizarre Traffic Accident.
- The Verge: What to know when your car is melted by 7,500 pounds of slime eels.
- PBS Newshour: 5 overlooked stories that deserve your attention.
- Business Insider: A truck crash set 7,500 pounds of slime eels loose on an Oregon highway, covering it in goo.
- The New York Times: Chain-Reaction Crash With Minor Injuries, Except for the Slime Eels.
- Gizmodo: Hagfish Slime Is Wonderful.
- Quartz: A freak accident covering an Oregon highway in slime is a dire warning about our oceans’ health.
- Huffington Post: Thousands Of Slime Eels Spill Onto Oregon Highway In Gross, Gooey Crash.
- International Business Times: Fanged Mystery Creature Discovered On Texas Beach Puzzles Internet.
- USA Today: This sea creature found after Hurricane Harvey is pretty gnarly.
- The Washington Post: Scientists have identified the 50-foot creature that washed up on an Indonesian beach.
- Business Insider: This revolting video of a spurting clam is going viral.
Marine Biology Emoji Chess
- The AV Club: Marine biology nerd chess is the only decent justification for 280-character tweets.
- The Irish Independent: Here’s what happened when two marine scientists played emoji chess on Twitter.
- Popular Science: How New Zealand is avoiding hundreds of exploding whale corpses.
- Fast Company: Who Will Clean Up Silicon Valley’s E-Wasteland?
- The Falmouth Enterprise: Falmouth Man Pitches In To Aid Storm-Ravaged Dominica.